OPEN CALL: VENDORS & CONSIGNMENT ARTISTS
We hand select local artists and creative businesses to sell handmade, original merchandise in a curated shopping experience. We are looking for unique, special gifts and holiday fare. If you are a local artist and/or craftsperson that makes specialty items please fill out the form on our website (link below) and let us know about your work! Past participants have included handmade organic body care products, silkscreened T-shirts and totebags, hand stitched teddybears, handmade knit and crochet items, custom wreaths, ceramic vases, terrariums, handmade custom jewelry, ornaments, local bakery items, and more!
Deadline: Monday, October 1st. Click here to apply!
Internship Opportunity | Project For Empty Space/PES Studios is offering 3 Internships
Open to upperclassmen (juniors and seniors), M.A. students and Ph.D. candidates for credit only. For students interested in visual art production, arts administration, registrar tasks, collections management, art handling and general gallery administration.
- Assist with curatorial projects and programming
- Planning and preparation for exhibitions
- Work with current PES artists-in-residence
- Artist research and documentation
- Interacting with the public in front of gallery
- Opportunity to interface with artists-in-residence
- Utilize facilities within a total of 30,000 square feet including 60 art studios/workspaces
- Interact with gallery clients, curators, critics, and creative professionals
- Develop understanding of non-profit gallery fundamentals
- Cultivate relationships with artists and art professionals
Duration: Selected interns will assist 1-3 days per week for the duration of internship.
Candidates are required to have a basic grasp of art and art history, as well as strong research, writing, and editing skills. Knowledge and/or experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign is not required, but is a plus.
Compensation: Interns who complete the internship will receive school credit.
Application: Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com